Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catching up...

It has been 4 long months since I have last posted. I vow to never let that much time go by without updating. Actually, my goal is to update daily. Well that is ideal but everyone knows how life goes with kids. But one day my house will be quiet and I will look back on this blog and see what my day to day life was like with my young family and thank God that I captured the moments. So let's catch up, shall we....

LIFE ON THE ISLAND is absolutely beautiful EVERYDAY. The weather right now is between 75 and 80 degrees and is quite humid but we have a steady island breeze. We live in Kailua which is about 30 minutes northeast of Honolulu. The culture is so different from the mainland. There is a strong Asian influence here. Everyplace you go serves spam. I have been on the search for a normal seafood restaurant. The only place I have found is Red Lobster, lol. So for now I buy frozen crab legs from the commissary and steam them at home. It's a good substitute. I can not express enough how I long for crabs. I literally dream of Gilligan's (my favorite seafood restaurant). Anyway, when we got here to the island we were anticipating staying in the hotel for a couple months as we have heard it takes a long time to get a house for Jason's rank. But luckily we were offered a place 2 weeks after we got here and were able to move in 2 weeks after that. So a total of 4 weeks in the hotel and eating out everyday, we were grateful to get any house we could. But we didn't just get any house, we got just what we wanted thanks to my husbands awesome persuasion skills. We told the housing lady we wanted a 4 bedroom house with a privacy fence and we got just that. The houses that we rate only have a 10 x 10 patch of grass for a yard and a little picket fence that provides no privacy. We are very grateful for our house. We have 3 beaches here on base. One of them is about a 10 minute walk from the house. Right now my goal is to turn this place into a home by doing my favorite thing of all time, decorating! I am trying to go slow and do one room at a time so as I complete them I post a pic. Our bedroom is #1 on the list. More about the island; we have everything we need. Most of my favorite stores are just a 20 to 30 minute drive. Topping that list is Target. Thank you Lord! I could not live 3 years without a Target. The only thing we are missing is a Bed Bath and Beyond. But I can make do. Hawaii is going to be a great experience for our family.

JAXON continues to thrive and amaze us everyday. He is so special. He has taken a couple steps but lacks the confidence to take off. I think anyday he will just do it. He says "mama" "mom" "dada" "daddy" "baby" and "ni-ni" (night night). He is still needing his bottles with formula. He is drinking 3 a day; 1 before each nap during the day and 1 at bedtime. I know that I need to start depleting bottles soon but it scares me because he is so hard to put to sleep as it is that I feel like if his bottle was taken away it is going to be impossible. The only way to get him where he needs to be is to just do it. Just a few months ago he was so easy to put down now he must be held in our bed, fed his bottle and held until he falls asleep in our arms. I'm not going to lie, I love this. I know it can't last much longer because of the new baby coming but still. He lays there and plays with my face for a little bit. We are learning body parts so he sticks his finger in my eye socket and I have to say "eye" then he sticks his finger straight up my nostril and that is "nose" then he plucks my lip, lol.Then when he gets sleepy (usually 10 minutes after beating up my face) he puts his little chunky arm around my neck and closes his eyes. He is starting to do so much. I ask him "where's the baby" and he points to my tummy and says "be-be". He pats his tummy when you ask "where's your belly". He just learned to put up one finger when you ask how old he is. He mimics us when we cough because I have always done that when he coughs. He thinks it's hilarious. Sometimes he just fake coughs out of nowhere. He eats all table food. We always give him what we are eating unless it's taco night or something else spicy. He does really well with eating. His favorite food is green beans. It is so hard to believe that in 10 days he will be 1! Also, in
March we visited the "helmet doctor". Jaxon has a helmet to wear until August to reshape his head. When he was born he came out sideways and has had a lopsided shaped skull since. It has made some improvement but it is still not perfect. We call him lumpy head. It's a term of endearment.

THE PREGNANCY is going great. We still can't believe we are having another baby this soon but stuff happens. Since I last posted we found out we are having a girl. We are beyond elated. We were done having kids anyway but this is just perfect, one of each is exactly what we wanted. She is due September 27th. My Dad is hoping she will get here on the 19th because that's his Birthday. Since Jason got to name Jaxon I got to name this one. We decided on Lillian Tiffany. Lillian after my grandmother who was a huge part of my life and who continues to hold a big piece of my heart. We were very close. And Tiffany after my cousin who passed away 4 years ago in a car accident. She was the sister I never had and I miss her everyday. I have gone through a wedding, a baby and 2 pregnancies without her. I always thought she would be by my side for all of it. But God saw it fit to call them home and I could think of no better way to honor them then to name our daughter after them. We will call her Lilli. I think everyone else is really excited for her arrival too because thanks to all of her Grandparents and Aunts Lilli has just as many clothes (probably more) then Jaxon. I really want to take a pic of her closet. It's crazy. I feel her kick all the time. She is just as active as Jaxy was.

I don't have any new pics to post because my camera is broke so I have to get a new one when I can. I will take some tomorrow with my phone. Not as good quality but it will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”